Ok I need help please.  I have compiled the sst from the amanda-2.4.2 contribs
using SUN C Compiler with the following command...

cc -D_KERNEL -D_SYSCALL32 -xarch=v9 -c sst.c

I did this because it's a 64-bit kernel running on a SUN Enterprise 3500.
(Although I had errors during the compilation).

So, I put the sst result from above into /usr/kernel/drv/sparcv9 and the
sst.conf into the /usr/kernel/drv directories, respectively.

Added the following entry to the /etc/devlink.tab file:

type=sample_driver;name=sst;minor=character     rsst\A1

Next, I had run the add_drv command on sst in the /usr/kernel/drv/sparcv9 dir.

I insured the L280 StorEdge Array is hooked up and connected properly to the
SCSI B differential port of the StorEdge D1000 Disk Array.

After running the add_drv command, a couple of errors popped up, but the system
stated it was attached, but not working properly.

I added the entry into /etc/system:
set sst:rsst=0

Then I rebooted to find no rsst0 in my /dev directory.

If I need to unload and start over as the solution please let me know.  If this
is unnecessary, please let me know as well.  Thanks for all your help in
advance!!!!

Rhett Saunders
National Office Operations
[EMAIL PROTECTED]