>From: "Shane T. Ferguson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:13:32 -0400

>My backups appear to run fine (all filesystems were dumped and taped),
>however, I always get the following prior to my Statistics:

>FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>  taper: FATAL shmctl: Invalid argument

>I am running Amanda 2.4.2 on all clients and host. What can I do to further
>investigate and fix this error?

Well, that looks as if it involves the SysV "shared memory", so I suggest
that you look at the ipcs command, its output, and its uses -- or
whatever comes closest to it (depending on whatever OS you're running).

It may well be that you have a bunch of shared memory segments lying
about that are no longer in use, for example.

Cheers,
david
--
David Wolfskill      [EMAIL PROTECTED]   UNIX System Administrator
Desk: 650/577-7158   TIE: 8/499-7158   Cell: 650/759-0823

I need help: http://www.whistle.com/employment/employ-engg.html#K030391