I have a small peer to peer network with several windows 95 machines and a
windows 2000 machine and a linux machine. Ideally, what I would like to be
able to do is to backup everything, on a regular, to a very large (and
prehaps removable) ata hard drive on the linux box. If I can't do that, the
next best solution would be to back up everything to something like an
Onstream 50 GB backup tape drive on the linux box. (Presently, my only tape
drive is a 4 GB dat, which is virtually useless with today's large drives.)
I am looking for the lowest cost, practical solution. Is Amanda what I am
looking for? If not, can anyone suggest a solution. (Another possibility is
Novastore Novanet-8, but this is pretty expensive, especially when you add
the cost of a large tape drive.

TIA,
Ed