>Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:14:10 +1100 (EST)
>From: Ben Elliston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I am in the process of debugging my Amanda setup and wish to reuse the same
>tape over and over.  Short of using `mt erase' to completely erase the tape,
>is there a way I can prevent Amanda from aborting because it thinks I'm
>overwriting a tape from the backup set?

When I was doing something similar, I found "amrmtape" sufficient.

(And "mt erase" would not affect what amanda believes about the tape; it
would merely disguise the fact that the tape is one that amanda had seen
before.)

Cheers,
david
--
David Wolfskill      [EMAIL PROTECTED]   UNIX System Administrator
Desk: 650/577-7158   TIE: 8/499-7158   Cell: 650/759-0823

I need help: http://www.whistle.com/employment/employ-engg.html#K030391