-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Gerhard den Hollander
Sent: Friday, 19 January 2001 06:06
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Priorities ?

I have a bunch of disks Im amanda-dumping
4 18G disks, a couple od smaller disks and a 420G RAID5 array

Now obviously even a level 3 dump of the 420G dsk array is going to take
longer than a 0 dump of the smalles disks.

Therefore, I'd like ot tell amanda to start work on the 420G disk array
first.

So I gave the 420G disk a priority of high, and all the other disks a
priority of medium.

This does not work.

I then tried making the disk the first entry in the disklist,
didn't work either.

So my question is:

1) How does amanda decide which disks to dump first ?

2) How can I influence this ?
        (apart from rewriting planner.c)

        Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O  Some say the end is near.
 =`\<,  Some say we'll see armageddon soon