On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Bruce Ferrell wrote:

> Looks like the network dropped out

No, that's not the case. The same behaviour happens consistantly all
the time, only with that computer (not the other 5 which are on the
same hub which can access the network fine (it's running a mail
server, httpd, ssh server).
        Lately what happend was something even more interesting: I had
a dump of like 5-6 machines and when it got to the funny one (the one
running linux which doesn't behave) it started dumping (or so it sayd)
and the amanda server kept waiting and waiting. I let it sit there for
a day or so. The client had sendbackup running as a process and all
the other amanda processes as if it was backing up properly, but it
was stalled. I had to manually kill sendbackup on that client in order
for the rest of the disklist to continue it's backup.
        I will do some more debugging... In the meanwhile, if nobody
can figure out what it is, I would also appreciate advice on what info
to gather, so that you can better help debug.