Hi,

Gerhard den Hollander schrieb:

> It looks like amanda tries to squeeze exactly 1 0 dump for each filesystem
> in a dumpcycle.
>
> This is bad
> (just imagine a diskcrash just as the disk is being 0dumped to the tape
> that had the last 0dump on it).

No, that is the intended way amanda works.

> Is there any way to get amanda to do 2 0dumps per filesystem in each
> dumpcycle (apart form specifying a dumpcycle of N/2 days ) ?

No other way. Dumpcycle is exactly ment for this purpose.
To give the time after that every filesystem has to be dumped at least
once with a level 0 dump.

> If I have a 10 day dumpcycle,
> (T1 .. T10) (and a few spare tapes T11 ..
> and set my dumpcycle to 5,
> and at day 6 I can reuse T1 which is not what I want.
> It should only allow me to use T6 (or T11 ... or a new tape or ..)
>
> Or am I misunderstanding things here ?

Yes. if you specify a dumpcycle of 7 days, with runspercycle set to 5
and tapecycle set to 10, amanda will only accept tape T1 when it has
written to tape T10 before.
 dumpcyle tels amanda how often to do level 0's
and tapecycle tells her how many tapes she should use before
recycling them.

Hope it helps
Christoph