* Joshua E Warchol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 09:02:36AM -0500)
> Has anyone successfully backed up larger reiserfs partitions? One of my co-

Depending on what you mean by larger ...
My own linux box has 2 reiser partitions, the OS (which doesn't get backed
up) and my personal data (which does ;)  [~ 8G ]).
And we've got a number crucnher that has 2 reiser partitions (6 and 18G)
and they back up just fine.

Of course, you have to use tar to make a backup, since there is no dump for
reiser.                  ^^^^^^

> workers has setup a new Linux workstation with reiserfs for everything but
> /boot. Boy, am I glad he did that :-(

Well, I for one am very happy with it.
1) it actually *is* fatser than ext2
2) never having to fsck an 18G partition after a hard crash

(and yes, I know, linux boxes shouldn';t hard crash, but then, you
shouldn't be playing with alpha and beta level kernel drivers ;) )

        Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O  Standing above the crowd, he had a voice so strong and loud
 =`\<,                  we'll miss him