Hi all!

David Wolfskill wrote:

> >Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:02:38 +0000
> >From: Clem Kumah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >I have decided to upgrade amanada 2.4.1p1 to 2.4.2
> >When I try to do a make command I get the following error:
>
> >make: don't know how to make amoverview. Stop
> >*** Error code 1
>
> >I seem to recal that it needs gnu make. Is this correct, and where can I
> >get a copy?
>
> >I am runing it on a freebsd 4.2-Release
>
> It does not need GNU make (gmake; see /usr/ports/devel/gmake), although
> using gmake appears to work.  It needs a working (as in "not broken")
> make.  Unfortunately, the PR that I filed with the FreeBSD folks
> (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=23328) doesn't appear to
> have received a great deal of attention from those necessary to get the
> matter addressed.  If you would follow-up on that PR, to let folks knwo
> that others are being affected, I would appreciate it.
> [...]

Doesn't installing Amanda from /usr/ports/misc/amanda24 work for you?
The recommended way to install software on a FreeBSD system is using
the ports collection.

The port of Amanda is almost up to date wr/t Amanda development - i.e.
it fetches and installs Amanda 2.4.2. It should install Amanda 2.4.2p1
just fine, just:

        cd /usr/ports/misc/amanda24
        vi Makefile # change 2.4.2 to 2.4.2p1
        rm distinfo
        make makesum
        make install

HTH,
Patrick
--
--- WEB ISS GmbH - Scheffelstr. 17a - 76135 Karlsruhe - 0721/9109-0 ---
------ Patrick M. Hausen - Technical Director - [EMAIL PROTECTED] -------