This is probably something trivial.

in my amanda.conf I have

dumpcycle 1 week        # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
runspercycle 5          # the number of amdump runs in dumpcycle days
                        # (4 weeks * 5 amdump runs per week -- just
                        # weekdays)
tapecycle 25 tapes      # the number of tapes in rotation
                        # 4 weeks (dumpcycle) times 5 tapes per week (just
                        # the weekdays) plus a few to handle errors that
                        # need amflush and so we do not overwrite the full
                        # backups performed at the beginning of the
                        # previous
                        # cycle
runtapes        1

I have indeed 25 tapes in my tapelist.

Now when I do an
amadmin myconfig tape it tells me
The next Amanda run should go onto tape LTO020 or a new tape.

Meaning there's only one specific tape amanda will overwrite.

Im lazy, and Id like to have a list of 5 tapes (so that I can take the
tapes for a whole week, stack them, next to the tapedrive, and use them in
whatever order I please.

What is the trick to get this done ?

        Gerhard,  (@jasongeo.com)       == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O  This parrot wouldn't voom if I put 4000 volts through it. It's bleeding
 =`\<,  demised. This parrot is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired &