Hi,

I have a filesystem "/sybase_dumps".  Each night a script dumps Sybase
databases to this filesystem and the files are quite large.  There is a
purge script which cleans out the filesystem of files more than X days old -
we need to keep X days worth of dump files on-line.  Basically, I only want
Amanda to backup new dump files (as much as possible) within this
filesystem.  Does anyone have advice on how to configure Amanda for this
filesystem?

I've thought about using the 'incronly' strategy; however, the usefulness of
this strategy breaks down when dump levels reach 9.  I've thought about
switching to GNUTAR and tinkering with the source to have DUMP_LEVELS =
2147483647 (size of int); however, I'm afraid of breaking other parts of the
code (will I?).  I imagine the bump parameters are going to give me grief
too.

Thanks for any advice ... David