* Monserrat Seisdedos Nuñez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 10:13:06AM
+0100)

> Hello everybody:

> I'm wondering................, if my entire system crash, and i have to
> built it again, just with a clean disk....., i could do it from my last
> system amanda backup???

0) Don't panic
1) reinstall OS
2) reinstall your amanda binaries (hint burn a CD with your amanda
   binaries)
3) Locate your last level 0,1 , &c dumps
        (hint, always label your tapes, always keep a printout of which
        dump is on which tapeimage)
4) Use amrestore to read your tapeimages back
        (mt -f fsf XXX /norrewindtapedev; cd /disktoberestored ; amrestore -p |
restore -ivbf 2 -)

        Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O  Some say the end is near.
 =`\<,  Some say we'll see armageddon soon

  • system crash Monserrat Seisdedos Nuņez
    • Gerhard den Hollander