Hi,

I'm running amanda on RH6.2 with an Ecrix Autopak tape changer.

I kept a fairly basic setup and I'm using a slightly modified chg-zd-mtx

I ran su operator -c "amcheck DailySet1" and got:
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
/var/amndahold: 6252752 KB disk space available, that's plenty.
amcheck-server: slot /usr/lib/amanda/chg-zd-mtx:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot /usr/lib/amanda/chg-zd-mtx:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot /usr/lib/amanda/chg-zd-mtx:: no tape online
ERROR: new tape not found in rack.
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test.
Server check took 1112.383 seconds.

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.020 seconds, 0 problems found.

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.1p1)

I assumed the issue was that the tapes hadn't been labeled yet, so I ran:
su operator -c "amlabel DailySet1 DailySet101 slot 1"

and get:
labeling tape in slot 1 (/dev/sg2):
rewinding
amlabel: rewinding tape: Permission denied

File permissions are:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     disk            3 Feb 14 00:08 /dev/sg0 -> sga
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     disk            3 Feb 14 00:08 /dev/sg1 -> sgb
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     disk            3 Feb 14 00:08 /dev/sg2 -> sgc
crw-rw----    1 root     disk      21,   0 May  5  1998 /dev/sga
crw-rw----    1 root     disk      21,   1 May  5  1998 /dev/sgb
crw-rw----    1 root     disk      21,   2 May  5  1998 /dev/sgc
though I've tried operator.disk also

amanda user/group is operator/disk,root

I think it may have something to do with mt, but I can't find much help on
that.

Thanks
Kimberly