I'm currently using Amanda 2.4.2, running on a FreeBSD server, with a DLT
autoloader, backing up a mixture of FreeBSD and Linux machines.  Amanda
itself is running fine, the clients are all getting backed up and I've been
able to restore some files.  My question is:  what happens if I were to
completely lose a machine.  I'm fairly new to all this and have been feeling
my way around, but what if I need to completely restore a machine from
backups?  Looking at the amanda utilities, they're too big for a boot
floppy.

What are people using for disaster recovery with amanda?  What are the
plans/theory of doing something like this?

Any information would be extremely appreciated.

Ivan