Hello, all,

Amanda 2.4.2 running on two HP 735 servers running HP-UX 10.20 servers.
I'm using gnutar 1.3.18 with the Amanda-recommended patches.  The tape
drives are an Exabyte 8505XL on one system and an Ecrix VXA-1 on the
other.

The problem:  On occasion, intermittently and not always on the same tape,
both servers will abort the backup almost as soon as it begins with a
complaint that the tape is full.  It seems to happen somewhat more often
with the Exabyte than the Ecrix, but it happens on both.

I searched the list archives for a similar problem, but no luck.  Any
ideas?

--
Stephen Walton, Professor of Physics and Astronomy,
California State University, Northridge