I have to admit first off that I haven't scoured the
logs to find the answer to this -- so if it's already
been answered in the recent past please point me to the
date of the email.

Basically I'm trying to get a feel for how amrestore works...
i.e.-- I've backed up my /home directory which includes
a couple dozen peoples home directories.  Is it possible to
restore only a part (like just the /home/joeschmoe dir) instead
of the entire /home directory tree?

What happens if someone was working on a single file, and they
goof up... luckily I've backed up the entire directory tree and
have it on tape -- Is it possible to extract just the specific
file from the tape?

Another scenario... what if user A wants the file recovered from
tape, but user B doesn't want his directory overwritten with old
files since user B has made a series of changes to his codes since
the last full backup of the /home directory...

Hope this makes sense, and that someone can help!

Thank you all in advance, I also would like to commend everyone on this
list who have been so patient with those of us who are new to AMANDA.

Thank you,

Joe