I'm using a Sony TSL-11000 DDS4 autoloader under Linux without
problems.  It works as an Ultra2 LVD device without problems.  I think
I'm getting better throughput than 2.8 MB/s, but it's still well under
Fast/Narrow bandwidth due to the limitations of the drive.  I use mtx
and random access works as well as sequential.  I had to modify the
chg-mtx script slightly--I can send it to you if you get the TSL-11000.

The one problem that I have had is an occasional tape getting stuck
during the change process, and that's using Sony brand DDS4 tapes and
not some cheap imitation.  3 times so far I had to take the cover off
the drive, mark the stuck tape as "bad," and give it a little push back
into the magazine.  Then you have to shut down the system and power
cycle the drive to get the error to reset and magazine to eject.  I
don't know if any of the other autoloaders ever have this problem.

--
"Jonathan F. Dill" ([EMAIL PROTECTED])