I've taken over the amanda backups of a number of machines. They seem
to be working now except that 3 machines fail with this error message
like this:
  FAIL planner glenord /dev/dsk/dks1d5s7 0 [Request to glenord failed:
  timeout waiting for ACK]
  FAIL planner glenord /dev/usr 0 [Request to glenord failed: timeout
  waiting for ACK]
  FAIL planner glenord /dev/root 0 [Request to glenord failed: timeout
  waiting for ACK]

Now the thing is that these machines that fail are all SGIs whereas all
the machines that work are solaris Suns. The fix is probably fairly
obvious but I'm afraid I don't know. Here is the entry for the machine
in question in disklist:
  glenord /dev/root       nocomp-user
  glenord /dev/usr        nocomp-user
  glenord /dev/dsk/dks1d5s7       nocomp-user
and the machine glenord has an fstab like so:
  /dev/root / xfs rw,raw=/dev/rroot 0 0
  /dev/usr /usr xfs rw,raw=/dev/rusr 0 0
  /dev/dsk/dks1d5s7 /export/home2 efs rw,raw=/dev/rdsk/dks1d5s7 0 0
Is it got something to do with the fact that it has xfs type
filesystems and an efs filesystem? Do I have to tell amanada (somehow)
about this?

Well thnks for any help or advice in advance,

Ross

--
Ross Macintyre
Heriot-Watt University