You may want to check the amanda-hackers list archive.  The 3rd (or so)
to last message talks about a program called "amclone" that is supposed
to take all the scattered parts of a machine from many tapes and
consolidate it to one tape.

It looks to be the 1st release of itv though, but you never know...

--
   Jason Hollinden

   SMG Systems Admin