you are a bit mistaken as to how amanda works, amanda automaticaly
decides if it should do a full or incremental backup each day of the
backup cycle.  if you only want to change tapes once a week, but have
backup every night, here is what you could do.

have a dump disk big enough to handle all backups for one week, and on
weekends, run amflush to dump those disks to tape.

--
Ben Kochie               | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
IMA Systems Office       | 400 Lind Hall, 207 Church St. SE