-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Paul Brannigan
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 12:49 PM
To: amanda group
Subject: Re: amrecover: Unexpected server end of file

> Here is what I get after I run # su operator -c /usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
>
> amindexd: open debug file "/tmp/amanda/amindexd.debug": Permission denied

Ok Now I opened up permissions on /tmp/amanda.
I re ran the command with the following results

# su operator -c /usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
amindexd: getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket

Indeed.  There is now a amindexd.debug file

We are getting there...

Now after I run amrecover I get this:

[root@clark /root]# amrecover -C Weekly -s clark -t clark -d /dev/nst0
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p1. Contacting server on clark ...
220 clark AMANDA index server (2.4.1p1) ready.
500 Access not allowed: [access as operator not allowed from
[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

Here is my new amindexd.debug file:

< 220 clark AMANDA index server (2.4.1p1) ready.
> SECURITY USER root
bsd security: remote host clark.xxx.com user root local user operator
check failed: [access as operator not allowed from [EMAIL PROTECTED]]
< 500 Access not allowed: [access as operator not allowed from
[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
< 200 Good bye.
amindexd: pid 2973 finish time Tue Mar 27 13:41:45 2001

It is looking like I should adjust my
/etc/xinetd.d/amandaidx and / or  amidxtape file(s)