Marty!

I suggest you put your asbestos, flame resistant suit on...

> Again: THIS IS NOT AMANDA'S FAULT!  IT IS SMBCLIENT'S FAULT!

You obviously cannot understand what I am saying, or you have not
followed this thread. If you cannot understand English I will have this
translated into any other language that I have a character set for:

SMBCLIENT CAN CONTACT MY WINDOWS 2000 SERVER. IT DOES NOT FAIL. IT WORKS
VIA BROADCAST AND AMANDA FAILS TO SEE THAT IT WORKS.

Or to reword this:

SAMBA IS ABLE TO CONTACT MY WINDOWS 2000 SERVER; SMBCLIENT CAN CONTACT
IT. HOWEVER, IT DOES THIS VIA BROADCAST AND AMANDA FAILS.

As far as I'm concerned SMB is working correctly. It is setup to use
wins, wins fails and it therefore contacts my Windows 2000 server by
broadcast and connects. Perfectly.

So how is it smbclient's fault when smbclient works? I can't understand
your English...

DSL