It seems I'm having a little more success.  I managed to get the
onstream drive working with scsi emulation.  I have to comment
out a chunk of code in the ide-scsi.c kernel module that detected
and denied the di-30.  Now backups and restores work with amanda.
I still get kernel messages about an atapi reset but doesn't seem
to affect it.

Current I testing it by backing up 4 windoze machines.  I have a
5 meg, 800 meg, 1.2 gig, and 1.8 gig.  As it said the backup goes
off with out a hitch, and then I do an amrestore and the tar
images all are the correct size.  When I untar them the 5 meg and
800 meg work fine.  The 1.2 gig and 1.8 gig I get a error message
'tar: Skipping to next header' and 'tar: Exit delayed from
previous errors'  Currently in my amanda.conf the chunksize I
have set is 2 gigs.  I was thinking of changing that to say 800
megs to see if it would help.

I'm going to go ahead and upgrade the kernel to 2.2.19.  I tried
going to 2.4.3 but didn't have much luck with that.  Do I need a
2.4 kernel?

-----
Jason Clark
OpenCom, Inc.