Hiya,

Apart from the troubles with 'mtx' mentioned in other message threads,
I've just tried to build the 'stctl' driver and it's complaining about
something to do with the environment variable handling functions in the
code which does syslogging:

# make
gcc -D_KERNEL   -c stctl.c
stctl.c: In function `stctl_log':
stctl.c:2134: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared (first use in this function)
stctl.c:2134: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
stctl.c:2134: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [stctl] Error 1

I've emailed this to the author of the 'stctl' package, but I thought some
of you may have come across the problem before me and figured out a
solution already... 8-)

If not, I'll wait to see what Eric says in response to my message and
report back here to the list.

I tried #include-ing 'sys/varargs.h' since that's where the 'va_start' and
'va_end' functions are declared, and this is supposed to include
'sys/va_list.h'. The varargs.h file mentions the '__builtin_va_alist'
function in it's comments, but when I tried adding
'-D__BUILTIN_VA_ARG_INCR' to the compiler flags in the makefile, so that
the build was invoked:

gcc -D_KERNEL   -D__BUILTIN_VA_ARG_INCR -c stctl.c

it produced exactly the same result as before. That's the point when I
decided to email Eric...

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Dewick. Send email to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
 Point your web client at "www.sunshack.org" or "www.sunshack.net" to access my