For those of you with tape changers and barcode readers: are any of you
using any software to generate your own custom barcodes?  It seems like it
might be a bit nicer (for locating/moving tapes around) if the barcode label
could match what the tape label has.

I've only tried two pieces of software so far (BarCode Maker 3.0) and
something called "barcode 97 for windows 3.1".  They both create barcodes
OK, but for some reason my Qualstar tape library won't read them. (Maybe
I'm doing something wrong, though-- I'm printing them out on regular paper,
and then taping them to a test tape to see if the bar code reader can scan
it.

Ideas?

-ron