By the way, for what it's worth, here's our chg-scsi.conf file.  Thanks.
Carey

bash$ cat chg-scsi.conf

number_configs  2
eject           1       # Tapedrives need an eject command
sleep           20      # Seconds to wait until the tape gets ready
cleanmax        10      # How many times could a cleaning tape get used
changerdev      /dev/sga
havebarcode     1
labelfile       /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tapelabels

# Next comes the data for drive 0
config          0
drivenum        0
dev             /dev/tape0
startuse        1       # The slots associated with the drive 0
enduse          20      #
statfile        /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tape0-slot
cleancart       0
cleanfile       /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tape0-clean
usagecount      /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tape0-totaltime

# Next comes the data for drive 1
config          1
drivenum        1
dev             /dev/tape1
startuse        1       # The slots associated with the drive 1
enduse          20      #
statfile        /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tape1-slot
cleancart       0
cleanfile       /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tape1-clean
usagecount      /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tape1-totaltime