    ahall> Hello, I have a question about dumpcycle/tapecycle and
    ahall> reusing tapes.  Firstly I have dumpcycle = 7, and tapecycle
    ahall> = 40.  I used 40 because I wanted a months worth of tapes
    ahall> before I reuse a tape, + 10 for extra tapes.  Is this logic
    ahall> ok?  Tomorrow I want to reuse tape 1.  Can I just put tape
    ahall> 1 in the drive, or must I run an amrmtape before I can
    ahall> reuse it.

The way I understand it, it will want to use all your 40 tapes before
reusing the first one.  Basically, "amcheck" will let you know.

Don't use 'amrmtape', unless you really want to remove a tape from
circulation.

-tor