"Bernhard R. Erdmann" wrote:

> > I want to restore the file usr/local/sbin/exec, which is mounted
> > on "root" ("/").
> >
> > For that i'm using the following command:
> > amrestore -p /dev/st0 gretel / | tar -xvf - ./usr/local/sbin/exec
>
> Please specify / as /. The filesystem is interpreted as a regular
> expression, so you'll have to write '^/$' (' for/against the shell).
> And please do use /dev/nst0, just forget /dev/st0:
>
> amrestore -p /dev/nst0 gretel '^/$' | tar -xvf - ./usr/local/sbin/exec
>
> ...will do the trick

Aaaah - Merci! That worked!

But why exited Amanda by using the commands
amrestore -p /dev/nst0 gretel | tar -xvf - ./usr/local/sbin/exec  or
amrestore -p /dev/nst0 | tar -xvf - ./usr/local/sbin/exec
after searching the first dump on tape?

In the first case Amanda should search in all "gretel"-dumps,
in the second case in all dumps on tape!?
As I remember, in earlier Amanda-versions this was the normal
behaviour, and it's described in the manpages!

Greetings,
Jens