> > we seem to get a lot of 'not at start of tape' errors
>
> It's not an error, just a warning that the tape section numbers that
> follow do not reflect the actual tape section numbers on tape, because
> you hadn't started amrestore at the beginning of the tape.  It has
> absolutely nothing to do with what is actually on the tape.  It has to
> do with whether amrestore found a tape label in the beginning of the
> first section it read or not, and this tape label is only written by
> Amanda in the beginning of a tape.

I'm still confused.  These errors are showing up in the middle of amverify
reports and consistently on the same partition, which is an smbclient
partition in the middle of the tape.  The label at the head of the tape is
fine.  (The first several filesystems check out fine.  How can we correct
this, even assuming it's just a warning?  Here's fuller output:

amverify DailySet1
Sun May 20 06:53:14 CDT 2001

Using device /dev/tape0
Volume DailySet147, Date 20010519
Checked server._.20010519.1
Checked server.__LEAH5_C$.20010519.1
** Error detected (server.__LEAH5_D$.20010519.1)
amrestore: WARNING: not at start of tape, file numbers will be offset
amrestore:   0: restoring server.__LEAH5_D$.20010519.1

gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
/bin/gtar: Skipping to next header
/bin/gtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
64+0 records in
64+0 records out
Checked server.__ATHENA_G$.20010519.0
End-of-Tape detected.