Hi Amanda-Users-folks,
I recently discovered a severe problem with Amanda, which I don't
really know how to solve. The problem in detail is:
I've backuped a partition of about 3Gb data. This was no problem, due
to the fact, that Amanda wrote a gzipped version on the holding disk.
The report said following:

HOSTNAME  DISK           L  ORIG-KB   OUT-KB COMP%
-------------------------- -----------------------
merkur.li -/local/apache 0  2910480   947072  32.5

Now, when I try to restore from this tape Amanda fail, because the
file it retrievs is bigger than 2Gb, which is the limit of ext2
under Linux. If it were possible to recover the zipped package
from the tape via amrestore or amrecover the problem would be
partially solved.
I don't know how to retrieve files from tape via dd or tar manually!
The question I have now is: Why does amanda unzip the file while
restoring from tape and does this not while anpacking/taring?

In hope for a solution,
Cheers
Nicki Messerschmidt

--
Linksystem Muenchen GmbH                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Schloerstrasse 10                           http://www.link-m.de