Hi John!

"John R. Jackson" wrote:

> >I've tried with and without "strategy noinc" earlier - same behaviour.
> >I will try "skip-incr yes" for preventing Amanda doing incrementals.
>
> If I've read the code correctly, you'll want "skip-incr yes" **in addition
> to** "strategy noinc" to get only full dumps.

Yes, you are right. That's what i've tried last week. I have set both
switches and it worked!
Amanda wasn't doing any levels bigger then zero, and she skipped
the disk "/usr2" because of it's size (bigger than the room left in the
holdingdisk). In Amanda mail the disk was marked with "FAILED".

Now i will try to add a second holdingdisk.

> Note that I'm not saying this is correct.  Just a workaround.  I suspect
> planner should have "automatically" assumed "skip-incr yes" for "strategy
> noinc" dumptypes.

OK, but if Amanda will working in this way, I can accept it.

> >So - if Amanda will dump into the holdingdisk because of a wrong tape in
> >drive - she will doing incrementals, right?
>
> That depends on several things.  It looks like you have reserve set to zero,

Yes, because i wanted to use all of the holdingdisk for full backups
and never doing some incrementals.

> so Amanda will go ahead and try full dumps into the holding disk.
> But my guess is you ran out of space and so it fell back to an incremental
> for /usr2.

Right! This was the behaviour I've observed.

> I'm not sure what "skip-incr yes" will do to this.  My guess
> is it would have failed this disk since there was not enough room.

Yups. This was exactly the result of my last weekly backup.
And this is ok.

Thanks again for your help.

Greetings,
Jens