On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 01:35:58PM -0400, John Holstein, IS ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a relatively new linux admin placed in a position to create new
> backups and backup procedures. We have decided to use Amanda as our backup

[snip]

> The documentation is very good at explaining what Amanda CAN do, but not
> HOW TO do it. Something all unix beginners are aware of, advanced nix
> admin's aren't the best in the world at documenting their work.

*I* can asure you (just done it) that the reading of the following will work,
start in this order:

 * http://amanda.sourceforge.net/
 * http://www.backupcentral.com/amanda.html
 * http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/1.html

jobst

--
The computer is your friend. It never argues until Gates squeezed Chilly through the
CDROM door!

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Technical Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L      |
|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia|