Hi there,

I had 2 questions related to our new amanda setup.

1) How can I use gtar to backup directories with symbolic links ? For example, in
directory A, there are 3 symbolic links pointing to C, D, E directories. Is it
possible to backup those files in C, D, E?

Any special patches need to be applied ?

2) How Amanda use the tape sequence ? For example, I have 15 tapes for backup purpose.
Will it use the tape 1 after the tape 15 is used ?

I asked this question because our servers are housed in remote data center. Data
Center operator uses predefined tape schedule to change tape manually. They will not
receive amanda email to check for next tape name.

Regards,
Edward.