I'm currently trying to get Amanda working with a TL891 Compaq Tape Library.
The library has 26 tape slots and 2 DLT drives.  There is a special device
file (/etc/mc10c) that other programs (such as the Compaq provided "robot"
program) use to access the tape library.  Each DLT drive has a device
(/dev/nrmt1h & /dev/nrmt2h).

Based on the man pages and TAPE.CHANGER file I have put together a
configuration that I'm hoping will work, but I wanted to get someone else
opinion before I activate the configuration.  Can anyone tell me if what I
did below makes sense?

I started by editing the provided amanda.conf file.  The following are items
that I changed from the default values:

dumpcycle 7 days
runspercycle 6

tapecycle 26 tapes

runtapes 2
tpchanger "chg-scsi"
changerdev "/dev/mc10c"
changerfile "/usr/lcl/etc/amanda/DailySet1/chg-scsi.conf"

tapetype DEC-DLT7000

define tapetype DEC-DLT7000 {
    comment "DEC DLT Tape 40-80 GB"
    length 34052 mbytes