Hi :

Still  I have problems with amanda 2.4.2p2 and my changer. I got the
error "amcheck-server: could not get changer info: badly formed result
from changer: "/usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx: [: -eq: unary operator
expected"

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 8 hosts checked in 0.445 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)

this my amanda.conf that  is /usr/local/etc/amanda/miro_daily

runtapes 6              # number of tapes to be used in a single run of
amdump
                         # we have two to enable writing to holding disk
for morn
ing amflushes.
tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"  # the tape-changer glue script
                         # Even though tapedev is ignored since we use
                         # tpchanger, we keep this in case we need to
revert
                         # to no changing.
tapedev "/dev/nst0"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used
rawtapedev "/dev/null"  # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
#changerstatus "/usr/local/etc/amanda/miro_daily/changer-status"
changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/miro_daily/changer"
changerdev "/dev/sga"

tapetype DDS3
my changer.conf file  is on /usr/local/etc/amanda/miro_daily

number_configs  1
eject           0       # Tapedrives need an eject command
number_configs  1
sleep           90      # Seconds to wait until the tape gets ready
cleanmax        100     # How many times could a cleaning tape get used
changerdev      /dev/sga
#
# Next comes the data for drive 0
#
config          0
drivenum        0
dev             /dev/nst0
scsitapedev     /dev/sga
startuse        1       # The slots associated with the drive 0
enduse          6       #
statfile        /usr/local/etc/amanda/miro_daily/tape0-slot  # The file
where th
e actual slot is stored
#cleancart      6       # the slot where the cleaningcartridge for drive
0 is lo
cated
#cleanfile      /usr/local/etc/amanda/miro_daily/cleanfile # The file
where the
cleanings are recorded
usagecount      /usr/local/etc/amanda/miro_daily/totaltime
tapestatus      /usr/local/etc/amanda/miro_daily/changer-status # here
will some
  status infos be stored
[root@miro miro_daily]# vi changer.conf

[...]

this my chg-zd-mtx file in /usr/local/libexec

  firstslot=1             #### 1st tape slot
  lastslot=5             #### Last tape slot
  cleanslot=6             #### Slot with cleaner tape
#
#   # Do you want to clean the drive after a certain number of accesses?
#   # NOTE - This is unreliable, since 'accesses' aren't 'uses', and we
#   #        have no reliable way to count this. A single amcheck could
#   #        generate as many accesses as slots you have, plus 1.
#   # ALSO NOTE - many modern tape loaders handle this automatically.
#
  AUTOCLEAN=0             #### Set to '1' or greater to enable
#
  autocleancount=99       #### Number of access before a clean.
#
  havereader=1            #### If you have a barcode reader, set to 1.

#
  offlinestatus=0         #### Set to 0 if 'mt status' gives an
OFFLINE_BEFORE_UNLOAD=0 #### Does your tape driver require a
#                         #### 'mt offline' before mtx unload?
####

# You may need to customize these things
MT=/bin/mt
MTF=-f
MTX=/usr/local/bin/mtx

So anything is wrong with that?