On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Toby Bluhm wrote:

>Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:14:53 -0400
>From: Toby Bluhm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: condense many tapes to few
>
>What would be the best way to pull full backups from several different
>tapes & reassemble them onto one or two tapes? These tapes would then be
>archived. Ideally, it would be nice if amrestore would work in the
>normal ways with the reassembled tapes.

I have a script which tries to do this.  It assumes you have enough
space on your holding disk to hold an entire archive set.
I do, but I run two backup sets (one for servers, one for workstations.)

I'm not entirely certain the script still works for amrestore.  It used
to, but I've enhanced that section recently so that it recognizes
sessions still on the holding disk, and I haven't tested those changes
yet.

--
Joi Ellis
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.visi.com/~gyles19/