Hi,

assuming I use one config which has record and index (using GNU tar, thus
listed-incrementals), and one other config which has no-record and no

Those two configs aren't on the same filesystems, but some ARE the same, ie
for example computer /path is in the two configurations. The idea is
to have the first config be the daily run, with 6 weeks history, one backup
a day, and the second run a monthly run, whose tapes will be kept, for
now, for some time.

Is there a risk that the GNU tar doesn't, on the day following the level 0
dump of the monthly configuration, backup some changed files because its
listed-incremental say otherwise ?  Or did I wrongly understand the concept,
and GNU tar doesn't use the OLD listed-incrementals, but the last dump
date in amandates, that I don't touch because of no-record ?

The no-record config:

   define dumptype comp-user-tar-no-index {
    program "GNUTAR"
    comment "partitions dumped with tar, no index, no record"
    options no-record, compress-fast , skip-incr
    priority high
    dumpcycle 0
    maxcycle 0
}