Quoting Christian Doppler ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> I'm having problems getting that combination running.
>
> Amanda 2.4.2p2, Solaris 8 04/01 on E250, Sun StorEdge L9
>
> Someone may has a System like that running and can give me hints.
>
> I have a System running (Amanda 2.4.2p2, Solaris 2.6 on E450, Sun
> DLT-4700 Changer and using the stctl 1.2.5 driver) since 3 Years
> whitout any problems but now i have to change.
>
> Any Hints would be nice

  Hi...

  I have the same setup here (mostly, anyway)...  -- Solaris 8 (01/01) on
  an E220R, with a StorEdge L9.  I'm using mtx (http://mtx.sourceforge.net)
  to control the L9, along with an mtx-changer script from Tim Skirvin
  (http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/software/mtx-changer/mtx-changer-1.1).
  The chg-scsi driver segfaulted and died on me whenever I tried to use it,
  so the solution became 'mtx' shortly after (I love impossible deadlines).
  :-)

  There's a script in the contrib directory of the mtx source tree that
  configures the Solaris 8 'sgen' driver to handle the tapechanger as
  well...  it may be the piece you're missing.

  Overall, the whole system works great.  I'm very happy with it.

  Hope this helps...

  Ted

--
Ted Coady, B.Sc.                                   ++ Finger for PGP ++