This probably falls under the "why can't I split my backups across
multiple tapes?" FAQ, but maybe not.

I'm using the file: driver from the tapeio branch to back up a large
filesystem to another disk. The system that I'm using (Linux) doesn't
support files larger than 2GB, which is causing backups to fail.

I'm thinking that my only options are upgrading to kernel 2.4 and
recompiling glibc, or switching to a different OS, but if there's any way
around this from the amanda-configuration standpoint, that would be
simpler....ideas?

Dan Debertin
--
++ Dan Debertin