* Decker, Carla Heiner (DX3)  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 07:38:05AM -0400)

> We're having a problem with Amanda running on a Solaris 2.6
> installation with LDAP services. Whenever Amanda starts, the CPU
> utilization goes to 100% and within a short period of time other
> system resources are used up and the system crashes. Has anyone else
> had this experience?

What is causing the CPU usage to go to 100%
(that is, which process)
if you run top , which processes are using up all the CPU ?

what is in the /tmp/amanda logfiles ?

What is in your syslog ?

Currently listening to: The Tea Party - Live - Egyptian Prayer - Halcyon Days (New
Years Eve Buffalo)

        Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O  (-; a saying about Russian emigrants to Israel:     ;-)
 =`\<,  (-; "If someone goes from the plane Moscow-Tel Aviv ;-)