On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Karl, Matthew wrote:

> We have an Overland DLT LoaderXpress LXL1B10, and Amanda (latest) is running
> on Solaris 7. We are unable to get Amanda to work the autoloader. I have
> just recently started in this area, so please pardon my ignorance as I do
> not know exactly what to ask. If anyone has any suggestions they would be
> greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Step 1:  Read docs/TAPE.CHANGERS

Step 2:  Choose a changer control program and an amanda changer script
         and configure amanda.conf to use them.

Step 3:  Test with amtape commands

Step 4:  Make any necessary changes, repeat 3 and 4 until happy.

At any point where you're out of ideas, write back to amanda-users
with a description of what you have, what's working and what isn't.
Include as much documentation in the form of config info and error
messages as you can and someone will most likely nudge you in the
right direction.

Typically it does take some effort to get through this part, but
having amanda run everything for you on autopilot is really worth
it, IMHO.

-Mitch