I'm setting up an new machine to replace an existing Amanda server. The
exisiting machine is HP-UX 10.20, and Amanda is compiled on it with
largefule support.

This machine will be backinbg up (among other machines) some HP's that have
failry large (18G) filesystems. There will also be individual files on
these machines that exced 2G

The new machine presently has Linux kernel 2.2.19pre17 (Debian stable). I
eventually intend to run Oracle on this machien, and I know thta I can get
it to run with this kernel.

So, here's teh question. What willl Amanda do with the learge
filesystem/files? Will it automaticly split them? Will this make
restoreing/recovering more dificult?

I'm debaing whether or not I need to upgrade to a version of Linux with
largefile support. The new Amanda serve has 3 40G drives, if it matters.

If I need to upgrade, can anyone give me some advice on the best Debian way
to do this?

--
Stan Brown     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.