On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> Sorry to sound like "is it plugged in", but this is a directive
> to you, did you actually load tape EOS-011 at this point, before
> you typed "y"?

*grin* - it might just have been the answer :) - but no. The tape was
loaded at that point :)

> Access rights are also a possibility.  I think you must run
> the recovery as root.  Did you?

Nope as amanda. But that seems to work just fine at my Linux-box at home
(actually I'm restoring som files right now, just to test it).

And the amanda user has full access to the /dev/nst1 (via a membership of
the disk-group), so it shouldn't be a problem.

Oh well... I'll definatly try to start the service as root tomorow.

Kind regards...

--
Jens Rohde, System Administrator
Eastfork Object Space (EOS), Margrethepladsen 3, 8000  Aarhus C, Denmark