Hi.

I have an odd problem (I think atleast).
Things work ok when backing up and when recovering but when I try to run
amverify I get something like this:

Waiting for device to go ready...
Rewinding...
Processing label...
Rewinding...
Rewinding...
Daily-001 ():
checking 192.168.0.2._home.20011024.0

****funny part******

skipped 192.168.0.4._etc.20011024.0 (** Cannot do /bin/tar dumps)

****end funny part*****

st0:Error with sense data: info fld=0x40, current
st09:00:sense key medium error
Additional sense indicates Block sequence error.
amrestore: error reading file header: Input/output error
** No header
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
Daily-001 ():
[...]

I get no logs on this anywhere.

Im running amanda 2.4.2p2-1 on Linux RedHat 7.1 with gtar 1.13.19.
And tar is accessable through /bin/tar.

Why would amverify mess things up when amrecover works ok?

An importent thing here is that I run root-tar on /etc that fails. The other
ones that I run as comp-user looks ok until it hits /etc above.

Anyone that can help?
btw - have a nice day.