On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 10:33:47PM +0100, Erik van der Meulen wrote:

> Dear Amanda people - I have been using this fine piece of software for
> quite a while now withou any problems. Wonderful!
>
> However, since a few days I get the following "FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP
> SUMMARY" quoted below. To me it seems that Amanda is unable to connect
> to /dev/hda6 on my "souterrain" machine. This seems odd (at least to me)
> because on the machine the volume seems to work well. It is a /var
> partition that spools my mail and a lot more.
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions where things might have messed
> up? I cannot seem to find it myself.

Please provide some more information:

- Amanda Version
- is souterrain backed up with GNUtar or dump?
- Please attach the amandad and sendsize debug file (typical
/tmp/amanda/amandad...)

- Please attach the amdump file from your log directory.

    Ciao
       Dietmar

--
 Alles Gute / best wishes
     Dietmar Goldbeck                E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]