Hi all,

I have some questions that weren't answered to well but the Unix
backup and recovery chapter, and I was hoping to get some answers
from users with some experience.

Is the dumpcycle the max. number of days Amanda goes before taking a
full dump of all the systems listed in the disklist file, with Amanda
taking incremental dumps of those same systems every other day?

Is a run simply a single instance of Amanda being run, or the number
of full dumps taken each dumpcycle?

Does Amanda take a separate dump for each system listed in the
disklist, or each diskdev listed for each host?

If I have a system in the disklist that requires more space than a
single tape can provide, what happens?

Does Amanda always use a new tape each time it's run?

I have an autoloader with a six tape capacity.  If I set the
tapecycle to be 10, will Amanda prompt me to change tapes or will it
enter "degraded" mode?

BTW - what's wrong with the FAQ-o-matic?  Can I reach it from
somewhere other than www.amanda.org?

Thanks for all the help,
Mike