On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Don Potter wrote:

>I have two file systems that will no dump to holding_area statin g that
>they are too large:
>
>  chgsfs     /home5 lev 0 FAILED [dump larger than tape, but cannot incremental dump
>new disk]
>  exon       /export/home/bioproj00 lev 0 FAILED [dump larger than tape, but cannot
>incremental dump new disk]
>
>the filesystem derived from exon is about 10GB so I can't rationalize
>why the cojmplaint about lack of space when that isn't really the case.
>
>Anybody have any insight as to why this would fail??

If you have just started the cycle these messages will persist until all
disks have received their first level 0 dump.  It's expected behavior.
You cannot incremental dump something which has no level 0 on tape.
Thus, amanda does level 0s of as many filesystems as possible per day
until everything is on tape.  Give it some time to get through your
disklist.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
"Iam mens praetrepidans avet vagari."