I use a Spectra 2000 with a single AIT2 drive and barcode reader
attached to a Tatung Ultra 2, Solaris 8 box.  None of the tape changer
scripts worked with it so I wrote a perl script that works with the
changer and mtx just fine.  I have been using it for a few months and,
so far, it has been solid as a rock.