> Amanda with smbclient can't use excludes like Linux does.
> This is being
> addressed in the next several releases of Amanda. If you read
> the amanda.conf
> in your amanda directory, you'll notice that it points out
> that "exclude
> options are silently ignored by dump and samba."

I did read that and did note it, however docs/SAMBA says otherwise. It
certainly does not silently ignore it because the backups fail with an
exclude statement in amanda.conf.

When I put just one file in the exclude statement in amanda.conf it
works fine, the file is passed to smbclient and it is excluded from the
backup. smbclient in itself supports excluding multiple files because I
have invoked smbclient manually and excluded multiple files.

I am missing something here?