Hi,
I am having some problems when i try to use multi-tape deices. The problem is
that i cannot dump to the tape the backup. this is the message i receive
after amdump:
These dumps were to tape avati01.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  localhost  /teste lev 0 FAILED [dump larger than tape, but cannot
incremental dump new disk]
  planner: FATAL cannot fit anything on tape, bailing out

I am sending my amanda.conf file with some other informations ( disklist,
change.conf , amtape show, amcheck) so that someone can help me.
I am using a Adaptec scsi device AHA-2940 and my tape devices are :
nst0 - SONY SDT S7000
nst1 - SEAGATE std2800-N
both devices with 90M tapes

hope anyone can help me !!!!

this are the fles:

amanda.conf

org "avati"
mailto "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
dumpuser "amanda"
inparallel 4
netusage  6000 Kbps
dumpcycle       2 day
runspercycle 2
tapecycle 3 tapes
bumpsize 10 Mb
bumpdays 2
bumpmult 1.5
etimeout 300
dtimeout 1800
ctimeout 30
tapebufs 20
runtapes 1
tpchanger "chg-multi"
tapedev "0"
changerfile "/etc/amanda/avati/changer.conf"
tapetype HP-DAT
labelstr "^avati[0-9][0-9]*$"
infofile "/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo"
logdir   "/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1"
indexdir "/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/index"
define tapetype HP-DAT {
    comment "DAT tape drives"
    length 1930 mbytes
    filemark 111 kbytes
    speed 468 kbytes
}
define dumptype global {
    comment "Global definitions"
}
define dumptype root-tar {
    global
    program "GNUTAR"
    comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
    compress none
    exclude list "/usr/local/lib/amanda/exclude.gtar"
    priority low
}
define interface local {
    comment "a local disk"
    use 1000 kbps
}
define interface eth0 {
    comment "100 Mbps ethernet"
    use 10000 kbps
}

=============================//=====================================
disklist

localhost               /teste                  root-tar

=============================//=====================================
changer.conf

multieject 0
gravity 0
needeject 0
ejectdelay 0
statefile /var/lib/amanda/changer-status
firstslot 1
lastslot 2
slot 1 /dev/nst0
slot 2 /dev/nst1

=============================//=====================================
amtape avati show

amtape: scanning all 2 slots in tape-changer rack:
slot 1: date X        label avati01
slot 2: date X        label avati02

=============================//=====================================
amcheck avati

lot 1 /dev/nst0
slot 2 /dev/nst1

=============================//=====================================
amtape avati show

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
amcheck-server: slot 1: date X        label avati01 (first labelstr match)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape avati01 label ok
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/index: does not exist
Server check took 5.488 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.041 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)

[]s

Túlio Machado de Faria
Coordenador Técnico